How many of you Log your testing

Tiatank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the app Aquarimate over apex fusion, I find it much easier to use

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since starting my tank I have always kept meticulous notes on paper in a notebook. Once I got an apex I started using that but found the pen and paper route easier(I can write down test results as I'm doing them). Once the integrated alexa into fusion, I started and still use that, bit also still use a notebook and paper.

I have several notebooks going back several years.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i used to use aqualog on my phone.

But no longer do.
My alkalinity barely fluctuates from 7.8.
No3 and po4 i dont really care about the number really as long as under 10 and .10 and above 0 respectively. And seneye tracks my ph and temperature for me.

LilElroyJetson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am super OCD so I created an Excel spreadsheet. I have it color coded with conditional formatting so when I enter the number it will give me green or red. I have attached a screen shot of it. The bright yellow highlights are because I have Hanna checkers for those and I have my goals under the test type. I also had a notes line for anything I did to the tank.

Tank Data.jpg

I found someone with more OCD than me! ;)

I’ve logged since Day 1 as well using the “Numbers” app (Apple equivalent of Excel) on my iPhone. I already use the timer on my phone so my phone sits right on the counter with me when I test anyway. The app was free, it literally does not even take a minute to log my parameters (sometimes seconds) and it’s a click away.

As with most things in this hobby, the more simple it is to execute, the more likely you are to continue to keep up with it long term, and the more you keep up with it, the more it becomes second nature. :)

641E688F-3F81-48DC-AAAB-757F53FB8A42.png

OP
OP
Taxus812

Taxus812

Destroyer of corals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying Aquarimate and it seems to be working pretty good so far. Loading it is a PIA. I wish I had a general maintenance schedule/ framework to build it out. As I add fish and corals I can add things lorikeet dosing.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Excel spreadsheet that I keep all my test & dosing on. I tried Aquarium note but I liked using Excel better.

spreadsheet.jpg

bms270

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 Aquarimate app. Just keeps me organized. I love the Timeline feature where I can track my corals by adding pictures over time. Priceless.

Otrips

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Aquatic Log Free, just the log part as it's nice to have everything graphed out. I admit I don't always enter every time I test, more so when something visually seems off in the tank or parameters.

Free
Your aquarium in the Cloud
  • Unlimited parameter logging
  • 1 aquarium
  • 1 photo
  • Smart reminders
  • Diary
  • Video
  • Inhabitants
  • Equipment
  • Dosing
  • Water changes
  • Feeding
  • Maintenance
  • Sync with iPhone or Android
  • Forum signature
  • Artificial Intelligence
  • Data export and backup
  • Energy consumption tracking
Pro
Most popular and comprehensive plan
Everything in Free, and:
  • Unlimited aquariums
  • Unlimited photos
  • Inhabitant photos
  • Apex, ReefKeeper and Reef Angel integration
  • Private aquariums

Chuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use exel. I set mine up to automatically plot the results for me on 2 separate graphs one of salinity, phosphate, and nitrate the other is calcium, magnesium, and alkalinity. I find it way easier to see in graphs than looking through lists of results. I also log all changes I made in a notes column so if things go south I can trace them back to whatever changes I made.

RIreefGuy

Salt life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for excel here. I try to log everything I do in the tanks. I did download aquarium note and may give that a try

I've been using aquarium note for a few days and I'm really liking it. It's free but for less than 3 bucks you can remove ads permanently. Free version is fully functional. I am an excel junkie but I like this way better. Just wanted to share my experience

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I log all water changes, testing results, and additions to my tank. I use the app aquarium notes. I like how it keeps record and let's me see it all in a graph. It also let's me add pictures and more.
I'm a geek when it comes to my tank(s)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back