How many of you Log your testing

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I created my own spreadsheet on my Mac. I have every log from years ago Logs help track down a problem

Rich Klein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got into the habit of logging my testing and notes into my Apex Fusion. I guess that I may look back on it sometime, but now its a habit.

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eeeew, that just seems like work ......

I feel the same way.

The only test I've done in the past year was for calcium, did it like 3 times, then thought "I'm never going to do this consistently" so I stopped.

Goodair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been logging when I check water parameters, water changes and new additions so far. Keep track of the fishes behavior for the a bit too look back at aswell.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Ive tried. Just no time or on the go. Just need to know all is good

BestMomEver

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started writing in a notebook. Then I got an aquarium app. Now I use my Apex Fusion. If I have to make adjustments, I write a comment. Everything is on a graph. I can make better decisions based on past information.

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I log all of my test results, but not necessarily every purchase/water change/dose/carbon change etc.

I recommend using an app like aquaticlog. I personally log all of my stuff into Alex Fusion because I have an Apex on my tanks.

ianryd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never used to but I found a great free app called Aquarium Note. It makes a graph with all your parameters so you can monitor testing results over time. You can make notes and set alarms and reminders. It's super helpful for reminding me to check longer life things like lightbulbs and RO filters, or remind me when it's time to take a fish out of QT. Sometimes I like to monitor my KH and PH closely. The graph really helps with that because I can look back over a week of testing and look for swings, and look at my notes and see what might have changed that day.

iron_mike_gt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve also logged since day 1 - at first in an Excel worksheet with a bunch of graphs, then I switched over to Apex Fusion for the simplicity of having it everywhere. I don’t think I’ll ever look back and glean anything - HOWEVER, if I see my tank start to go sideways I can look back over the last few weeks and see things like no tests, no water changes, no supplement refills, no skimmer cleans, etc. and realize that I have neglected one or more portions of tank maintenance and get those back on track.

oldbob50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have everything since day 1 in a custom spread sheet. Testing, feeding, livestock, tank maintenance, additives, RODI filter data, supply purchasing schedules.

MARK M. DAVIS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I log all measurements, additives and amounts, calcium reactor settings, water changes, triton tests. Been doing it for years. Enables me to see trends and cause and effect. When things work and when things don’t.

Land Shark

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use an excel spreadsheet to log water test results, water changes, purchases and their dollar amount. Using excel, its easy to automatically track a cumulative total expense for per year as well.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am super OCD so I created an Excel spreadsheet. I have it color coded with conditional formatting so when I enter the number it will give me green or red. I have attached a screen shot of it. The bright yellow highlights are because I have Hanna checkers for those and I have my goals under the test type. I also had a notes line for anything I did to the tank.

Tank Data.jpg

I'm very familiar with Excel and conditional formatting, but I don't know how to get the X in cells with no data. Is that also conditional formatting, or something you did manually? Can you tell me how you did that?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 167 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back