How many R2R's are coming to MACNA 2017!?!

Will you be attending MACNA 2017 in NOLA?

• Total voters
OP
OP
I'm a natural blue

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was the Co-chair for MACNA San Diego. Believe me, it is a lot of work. Those that run the show do not necessarily get to have the really cool weekend that all of the attendees have. It is very rewarding in other ways though. A real sense of accomplishment.
I can imagine....Project managment is a lot of work! The things you must have learned! Invaluable...I hope you enjoy the conference this year...knowing the in's and out's should be a true advantage for maximun enjoyment!

OP
OP
I'm a natural blue

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, I would have loved to make a family vacation out of the last couple of shows. Come in the weekend before the show and have all week to do stuff and then the wife and the kids would have the weekend to do things while I was at the show. She went to Europe with the kids for 2 weeks so I'm thinking she could handle a few days. I still might go at the last minute. It would just be such a long drive for just a few hours, plus my favorite vendors have stopped going. I'm too ADD in my old age to sit thru any of the speakers. Maybe Houston will get it in the next couple of years so I can make a day of it. I went to their big all day frag swap/speakers a few months ago and had a great time.
Well, if you do decide to come....FYI, deadline is tonight to by the full conference pass, I believe. @revhtree posted about it earlier. Other passes will still be available! Maybe you will find a new favorite vendor!!!!

OP
OP
I'm a natural blue

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am always there love meeting old friends and new. It is always a busy time and things are always fluid as far as plans go

I like to look at all the new tech stuff definitely the new gear from GHL, Apex and Focustronic are a must see. I am also starting to talk to aquarium suppliers for a new tank coming in the next couple of years.
Speakers Tullio Dellaquila on lighting for sure.

Expect to be over whelmed with all the action and people and choices. Stop and talk to people do not be afraid to strike up a conversation with some one we are all thinking the same thing here.

When I get a chance I hope to eat.:) I am sure I will be going to go out with a bunch of friends places where ever is fine I just enjoy the conversation.

I am at MACNA for MACNA it really never matters to me where the event is held as I am so into vivisecting with old friends it could be anywhere really. Have attended 20 of them I never get out of the hotel except to eat.
if I am lucky. In the early years my wife use to come but she stays home now as she never saw me much an has had enough of travel that she doesn't care to go anymore.
Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions! 20 shows? Holy cow! Newbie here. I will take your advice on reaching out to meet people and "talk shop". I did attend my first BRK "show" Fragniappe 2017. I was overwhlemed by that and LOVED IT! What are the thoughts on the new build? Do tell....I need the deets on the build thread when you start it!

TroyHoot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Taking the family. Our first year. Going up Friday evening. Saturday for sure. Girls aren't planning to attend Sunday. Going to do the aquarium Sunday. I'll attend Sunday to collect my purchases. Probably hang around for the final raffles. We are only couple hours north of the show.

OP
OP
I'm a natural blue

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Taking the family. Our first year. Going up Friday evening. Saturday for sure. Girls aren't planning to attend Sunday. Going to do the aquarium Sunday. I'll attend Sunday to collect my purchases. Probably hang around for the final raffles. We are only couple hours north of the show.
Nice! Do the kids like it? Have they been to the aquarium before? The Insectarium is cool for the kiddo's too!

OP
OP
I'm a natural blue

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live about an hour away, I plan on attending Friday. This will be my first MACNA, definitely looking forward to it and meeting some of you!
Long time lurker, first time poster btw ;)
YAY! Are you in Baton Rouge by any chance @Grimm_Medic? Glad this post inspired you to make your first post!

Grimm_Medic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard there are some good LFS in BR. Know of any worth the trip from NOLA?

We just moved out here a few months ago, so I'm still going down to NOLA for everything. Louisiana fish store in BR seems pretty promising though, been meaning to go check them out.

OP
OP
I'm a natural blue

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mostly coral connection and sometimes aquatic specialities, gonna check out aquatic sealife next time I come down.
Those are the places I go to as well. Aquatic Sealife just moved last month around the corner on Veterans by the K-Mart. Much bigger store! They also added fresh water.

flowflezy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait a few days away. I am looking to get some deals each day. Hoping to get some blastos, and sticks we will see. Might pull the trigger on a bigger set up.

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I will be there. Well, I will... she'll be shopping and laying by the pool lol. However, I know she will attend at least one day, if nothing else just to get some of that @revhtree popcorn.

OP
OP
I'm a natural blue

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait a few days away. I am looking to get some deals each day. Hoping to get some blastos, and sticks we will see. Might pull the trigger on a bigger set up.

I know! I am super excited! Hope you find what you are looking for. Enjoy. Also, be ready for the heat. It's been over 100F with the heat index and super humid. Ugh.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back