How many R2R's are coming to MACNA 2017!?!

Will you be attending MACNA 2017 in NOLA?

• Total voters
OP
OP
I'm a natural blue

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I will be there. Well, I will... she'll be shopping and laying by the pool lol. However, I know she will attend at least one day, if nothing else just to get some of that @revhtree popcorn.
LOl....It's plenty hot enough for the pool that's for sure! I'm hoping to meet @revhtree myself! My husband got called out of town for work so he is missing the first two days. I may just have to come Friday without him! LOL

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will you be attending MACNA in New Orleans this year?
If so, who is your "MUST SEE" speaker/exhibitor/sponsor?
What should a first timer expect? Any advice on this is appreciated.
Where will you eat? You really need to look into this! This is NEW ORLEANS!
Do you have any other plans while in town? BTW, we have a pretty nice Aquarium ranked in the top ten in the nation.
I am fortunate enough to live in New Orleans and I am super excited to see how many of our R2R family will be in town! See y'all there! For those who can't make it, we will share a Hurricane (or two ;)) in your honor... :)

We're taking the Amtrak down from Birmingham.

Here's my food list: District Donuts Sliders & Brew, Company Burger, Cowbell, Bon Ton Cafe, Dong Phuong, Palace Cafe, Walkers BBQ, Willie Mae's Scotch House and Cafe Du Monde. Need to narrow down my list since we'll only be there for 5 or so meals.

Also need to work on adding more lectures since I've only got Marc Levenson and Gerald Heslinga right now. I've got another thread on here with stuff I'm hoping to find down there.

Not really any other plans besides walking around. Maybe some Jazz.

Anyone else have advice on getting things home? We won't be getting back until ~3:00pm on Sunday and I won't have time to pick things up Sunday as the train leaves at 7:00am. My plan is to bring a big wheelie cooler around...hoping that everything will be okay in there for that long.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The ghost tours and tarot readers are fun at night. A little local flavor if you are into it.

OP
OP
I'm a natural blue

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're taking the Amtrak down from Birmingham.

Here's my food list: District Donuts Sliders & Brew, Company Burger, Cowbell, Bon Ton Cafe, Dong Phuong, Palace Cafe, Walkers BBQ, Willie Mae's Scotch House and Cafe Du Monde. Need to narrow down my list since we'll only be there for 5 or so meals.

Also need to work on adding more lectures since I've only got Marc Levenson and Gerald Heslinga right now. I've got another thread on here with stuff I'm hoping to find down there.

Not really any other plans besides walking around. Maybe some Jazz.

Anyone else have advice on getting things home? We won't be getting back until ~3:00pm on Sunday and I won't have time to pick things up Sunday as the train leaves at 7:00am. My plan is to bring a big wheelie cooler around...hoping that everything will be okay in there for that long.
You have it all planned out! Cooler sounds good. Having the lid closed might be an issue. It's been extremely hot this past week. Chiller packs maybe, j.i.c? I've never had to transport before.

JCGSO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What other locations have you gone? It is a great city!
We went to Atlanta (best public aquarium ever) and Atlantic City. Both were great. I am bringing an empty suitcase just for the swag and some purchases. We drove to both, but this time flying, so no live purchases.

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'M HERE
IMG_0830.JPG

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back