How many R2R's are coming to MACNA 2017!?!

Will you be attending MACNA 2017 in NOLA?

• Total voters

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will you be attending MACNA in New Orleans this year?
If so, who is your "MUST SEE" speaker/exhibitor/sponsor?
What should a first timer expect? Any advice on this is appreciated.
Where will you eat? You really need to look into this! This is NEW ORLEANS!
Do you have any other plans while in town? BTW, we have a pretty nice Aquarium ranked in the top ten in the nation.
I am fortunate enough to live in New Orleans and I am super excited to see how many of our R2R family will be in town! See y'all there! For those who can't make it, we will share a Hurricane (or two ;)) in your honor... :)

shrimped

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no I wish I could get there but still on a vacation at Japan and Taiwan to see some exotic fish/corals and first time see ADA (Aqua Design Amano) tanks. The tanks look as if there were no water inside so fish seem like they fly. Have fun at MACNA!

OP
OP
I'm a natural blue

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no I wish I could get there but still on a vacation at Japan and Taiwan to see some exotic fish/corals and first time see ADA (Aqua Design Amano) tanks. The tanks look as if there were no water inside so fish seem like they fly. Have fun at MACNA!
That sounds amazing! Post pics and tag me!!!!!

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several of us from Pittsburgh will be there. I am already a winner- got the upgraded room on the February contest. LOL - Maybe I will spend less on the other raffles now as my luck may be used up.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am always there love meeting old friends and new. It is always a busy time and things are always fluid as far as plans go
If so, who is your "MUST SEE" speaker/exhibitor/sponsor?
I like to look at all the new tech stuff definitely the new gear from GHL, Apex and Focustronic are a must see. I am also starting to talk to aquarium suppliers for a new tank coming in the next couple of years.
Speakers Tullio Dellaquila on lighting for sure.
What should a first timer expect? Any advice on this is appreciated.
Expect to be over whelmed with all the action and people and choices. Stop and talk to people do not be afraid to strike up a conversation with some one we are all thinking the same thing here.
Where will you eat? You really need to look into this! This is NEW ORLEANS!
When I get a chance I hope to eat.:) I am sure I will be going to go out with a bunch of friends places where ever is fine I just enjoy the conversation.
Do you have any other plans while in town? BTW, we have a pretty nice Aquarium ranked in the top ten in the nation.

I am at MACNA for MACNA it really never matters to me where the event is held as I am so into vivisecting with old friends it could be anywhere really. Have attended 20 of them I never get out of the hotel except to eat.
if I am lucky. In the early years my wife use to come but she stays home now as she never saw me much an has had enough of travel that she doesn't care to go anymore.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. Summer would be better while school is still out. Although, it will still be summer as far as weather here in NOLA!

Yep, I would have loved to make a family vacation out of the last couple of shows. Come in the weekend before the show and have all week to do stuff and then the wife and the kids would have the weekend to do things while I was at the show. She went to Europe with the kids for 2 weeks so I'm thinking she could handle a few days. I still might go at the last minute. It would just be such a long drive for just a few hours, plus my favorite vendors have stopped going. I'm too ADD in my old age to sit thru any of the speakers. Maybe Houston will get it in the next couple of years so I can make a day of it. I went to their big all day frag swap/speakers a few months ago and had a great time.

OP
OP
I'm a natural blue

I'm a natural blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several of us from Pittsburgh will be there. I am already a winner- got the upgraded room on the February contest. LOL - Maybe I will spend less on the other raffles now as my luck may be used up.
Think positive! You just might be on a winning streak! I'm originally from Philly actually.

DaveMorris

MACNA2016 Co-Chair
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did yo manage that? Lucky you!!!!! Enjoy!

I was the Co-chair for MACNA San Diego. Believe me, it is a lot of work. Those that run the show do not necessarily get to have the really cool weekend that all of the attendees have. It is very rewarding in other ways though. A real sense of accomplishment.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back