How many wave makers????

  • Thread starter Thread starter AnnaG
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AnnaG

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2021
Messages
173
Reaction score
126
Location
Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

Ive got a CADE 900, 85 gallons, 90cm x 70cm x 50cm. Im wondering if should get 2 pumps- about 6500 litres each, or like a single AI Nero 5 which does 13500 litres. Love the look of AI, but wondering if it matters if I have two or one.
 
Probably 2, highest speed you can afford, you can always tune it down, and then as reef grows increase flow.

Two weaker flows in random is way better than one strong.

On 130x62x62, which is slightly larger than yours i have 2x8500lph pumps.

Both on max, mostly softies/lps, so no extra strong flow is needed, but, i really need one more, so i can tune all of them down a bit, and have better coverage and flow...

Two pump configuration, no matter how i place them, gives me area with too high and too low flow....
 
Depends on what corals your keeping. Higher flow corals require more turbulent flow which means more pumps. What shape of tank do you have?
 
I only have an mp40 running on my 1200s2, with a rfg on the return on the opposite side. I run both at about 50% and get plenty of flow for my mixed reef

If I had the next size up, I'd for sure have 2
 
I only have an mp40 running on my 1200s2, with a rfg on the return on the opposite side. I run both at about 50% and get plenty of flow for my mixed reef

If I had the next size up, I'd for sure have 2
Ok it kind of sounds good where you got it. As long as everything’s healthy and lots of water changes your all good!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new