how much does your tank use?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jerl77
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jerl77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2008
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
394
Location
long island ny
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking to see how much two part you add in one day
how muck alk?
how much cal?
 
209ml/day of each part for my 90g reef-heavy tank.

Just curious - How do you add that volume - dosing pump or the like? I would get a ton of precipitation with that much carbonate added. I get a ton with my second 15 ml capful.
 
Just curious - How do you add that volume - dosing pump or the like? I would get a ton of precipitation with that much carbonate added. I get a ton with my second 15 ml capful.


Hi -

I use a couple of BRS Drew's Dosers. I drip the the Alk part every hour for 20 minutes from the time my lights go out, through the night into the next day. I then dose the Cal part after that's done all in one shot. I don't get any precipitation at all.

Before I had the dosing pumps I would dose manually, and pour each part into my overflow, separately, of course.
 
Great thread! I don't know how much I use in total but I do know that my Alk is used up a lot faster than the Cal. I just dump it in and don't measure but I need to just to track it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new