How much more head pressure do i need with a manifold.

joekidwell

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
287
Reaction score
189
Location
Greeneville TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need 500 gph return in the tank, I have 7ft head pressure counting the elbows and I'd like to have two manifolds for reactors. I know I could buy a DC and just play with the flow I just don't want to waste money on way more than I need.
 
I would run a second pump and for each reactor and run a valve to each one as they each need their own flow rate. That way if you main goes out you also have a spare right there on hand.
 
Was in your position a couple of years ago with my then new build. There are pluses and minuses to both. I ended up using one very powerful pump......and couldn't be happier, otherwise if you have the space use two pump. FYI i end up getting an Abyss A200... it runs at 95%


1663609516946.png
 
Was in your position a couple of years ago with my then new build. There are pluses and minuses to both. I ended up using one very powerful pump......and couldn't be happier, otherwise if you have the space use two pump. FYI i end up getting an Abyss A200... it runs at 95%


1663609516946.png
your setup is gorgeous....this is exactly what im going for. I have been planning and building my tank a thousand different ways but it all leads to this
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new