How much nori do YOU feed?

How many sheets of nori do you feed per fish, per day?

• Less than 1

Votes: 10 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• More than 4

• Total voters

Formulator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have herbivorous fish, how many sheets do you feed per day per fish? To get good data, please use number of sheets divided by number of herbivores in your tank and round to whole number. By sheets, I’m talking about the small 2x7 inch pieces that fit into our clips.

I only feed one sheet with 2 herbivores and they go through it in minutes. Wondering if I should feed more so they can graze on it throughout the day or if they would still just chomp it all down right away…

cdemoss01

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have herbivorous fish, how many sheets do you feed per day per fish? To get good data, please use number of sheets divided by number of herbivores in your tank and round to whole number. By sheets, I’m talking about the small 2x7 inch pieces that fit into our clips.

I only feed one sheet with 2 herbivores and they go through it in minutes. Wondering if I should feed more so they can graze on it throughout the day or if they would still just chomp it all down right away…
Never even heard of these...

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 11 tangs and feed a sheet when I think about it which isn't very often, maybe once a week. They love nori but I don't find it necessary to keep them in good health. All of mine are fat and healthy. My oldest has been with me over 7 years. Nothing wrong with feeding nori I just don't think it's a requirement. JMO. My tangs are constantly pecking at the glass and rocks.
These are most of mine feeding on frozen. I have some in another tank

EDIT : I also want to mention I have never had any sign of hlle on any of my tangs

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My purple tang gets a 4x7ish sheet when I think about it.
Sometimes once a week, sometimes once a month.
The algae blenny helps eat it and the female clown comes and takes some bites.

I also DIY frozen and I add Nori to that also so they are all getting it almost everyday.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 68 45.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 70 46.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.6%
Back