How much to feed 2 clowns?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ShaggyRS6
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ShaggyRS6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 6, 2017
Messages
1,101
Reaction score
1,272
Location
MT Juliet, Tennessee
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a full CUC but I don’t know if I am feeding them enough. How much of a frozen cube do you suggest ?

I have 100G tank.
 
How big are they?
When you feed them, if there is food left over in the tank after about 5-10min, you might be feeding too much.
 
If they are small clowns (<1.5" or so), I would think about half a cube per day. If they are larger, then a full cube a day. You could likely fiddle with that up and down based on what you see them eating and how often you feed, but that might be a good place to start from.
 
Yeah Im doing about half, just under. Seems to be working good. I started to use feed mode as well. Works a lot better.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new