How much to feed a BTA

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the size of the BTA. You need not feed it at all provided sufficient lighting.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been feeding my BTA small piece of shrimp, etc...but my question is how much to feed it? One piece, two, three?
It all depends on how much you want it to grow and how it readiyl accepts it. Although I do not direclty feed any of my nems, I have in the past. They get enough energy from to zoox in them with the light they are in, as long as some nutrients are available in the water for the zoox to utilize.

One hting I learned was not to feed too much. If the nem cannot digest it quick enough, it can rot in them a they will either expel it, or it can cause bacterial infections.

With that said a small piece once a week should not be an issue. Just keep in mind, that BTA can reach a point and split readily once settled and if regularly fed.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I do not direct feed often but was curious on how much when I do.
I have had the same anemones in my tank for 6-8 years now and never fed them. They don’t need to be fed if have proper light and they will catch food from the water column if they need it. On of my anemones is about 2 ft across

Mr Cypher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed my tank rods and with in that blend there are some larger pieces of krill/ shrimp and whenever I come across them I give them to my nems usually works out to a few times a week but again not very big pieces started with 1 small 4 mo ago now have 2 very large bout to split lol they are crazy

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 54 80.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.0%
Back