How often and how much to feed tiny clownfish?

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got two tiny clownfish (less than 1”). I am feeding them xs pellets.
How much and how often I should feed them to make sure they get enough food in their growing years? :)

thanks
I think fishy flakes, turn off all filters and current creaters, drop a tiny pinch of flakes, see how much they eat then decide next feed more or less, you can over feed fish, they won't get fat like us but Thier poo shows, to much food big poo

OP
OP
canadianeh

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are a couple of dry foods (.5mm &1mm) I have had success with raising my baby clowns. Hikari makes a frozen mysis shrimp cube pack that has smaller shrimp. If you find they are too big take a frozen cube and with a razor blade slice the shrimp cube into bite size pieces until your fish are big enough to handle the whole shrimp. If you want them to grow fast feed many small servings per day. When I grow mine up for sale I would try to feed 6X per day. Only what they could consume before any food would reach the bottom. Good luck with those beauties.
And how many WC you do? Probably more since you feed more?

the only resident of this tank is just this tiny guy. So I feed few granules three times per day. I also started hatching brine shrimp and feeding it to the fish

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I got a pair of fingernail sized clownfish on Tuesday. One of them is unfortunately dead today morning. They both have sunken belly.

I feed smallest size PE pellets, but that is still too big for them. I saw them break it down and eat.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 78 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back