How often are you guys scraping your glass?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the tank was her idea. I was just going to set up a medium sized freshwater community tank, but she said what about another marine? I think she wanted the tank, but found a way to get me to pay for it.
My tank was my wife’s idea also. She now says that it was a huge mistake and she wishes she wouldn’t have talked me into getting back into the hobby.

OP
OP
C

CamoFan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As needed, which is currently twice a week. I have a similar observation that snails do a terrible job of cleaning the glass. I suggest that you handle the glass and let them deal with the rocks. I credit my conch (with some help from the Court Jester Goby) for doing an outstanding job cleaning the sand.
My diamond watchman goby has done an exceptional job flipping my sand and keeping it clean. He’s fed every night with mysis and live brine as to avoid starvation. He’s gotten fat.

Nanolifeuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So,,, uhhh,,, what's the story with that Flipper credit card scraper stuck to the side of the glass?

P.S. I think I need to get some trochus snails
This is a Fluval Spec 60L freshwater & not the saltwater evo. The only real difference is the extra few Litre and an extra weir where the card is. I was having an overflow problem and I noticed it works a lot better with this plugged.

Admittedly, I should of found something in black, I couldn’t find anything and this just fit perfect. Deffo an eye-sore though !

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How often do you guys scrape your glass? It seems like I scrape my glass every 2-3 days. Would it be prudent to pick up some snails or just keep scraping?
GIF-220718_232846.gif

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 53 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back