How often do I have to calibrate APEX PH probe?

Fr4nkthet4nk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought My APEX 7 month ago. I want to know if I need to recalibrate my PH Probe and how often?

Thank you in Advance

DLHDesign

Ex-Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I calibrate my probe after every cleaning - which I find is needed every 2 months or so. That may be more often than needed, but the calibration solutions are cheap (~$4 for one set?) and the cost of the probe being out-of-calibration is too high.

OP
OP
Fr4nkthet4nk

Fr4nkthet4nk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I calibrate my probe after every cleaning - which I find is needed every 2 months or so. That may be more often than needed, but the calibration solutions are cheap (~$4 for one set?) and the cost of the probe being out-of-calibration is too high.
Thank you!

DLHDesign

Ex-Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. Another option would be to test the Ph using some other means and calibrate it when the values are not aligned. This relies on having (and performing) an accurate test - and having a test that has a small enough variance that you'll be able to spot any issues. And, really, at that point you've likely spent the same as the cost of the calibration fluid...

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back