How often does your BACK glass get some love?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Marco_99
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

How often does your BACK glass get some love?

  • Yellow cupcakes with brown frosting are where it’s at

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My corals colonized my back glass and it scares me now

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    29
1 Year no clean, lol.
I will take a yellow cupcake though!
20250710_100945.jpg
 
I might have tried to clean it one time?
 
I love to keep the back glass clean! I like to see the separation of the aquascape structures from one another. If it’s all pink then it’s not as easy on the eyes!
 
For now with minimal corals growing,I like the look of a clean shiny black background. Once corals start encroaching in that space, it won’t be easy to keep it clean. So I started to place a few GSP frags on the center weir part to see if I can get it covered and “scaped” so that only my middle weir is only covered.

Im sure this will be futile as well and my entire back will eventually be covered with either GSP or coralline. But so far, coralline is the one algae I can’t grow.
 
Maybe once a year I scrape a little algae and what not from the back glass but I don't have a sump so there is a lot of hardware sitting on the back of my tank so I can't get to most of it.

I just do some so I can see through there and maybe find a fish that is hiding.

 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new