How often does your clarisea advance?

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently set up a 180 gallon tank and a new gen 2 clarisea sk 5000. Plumbing is bean animal style. My bypass on the clarisea is closed. Just a little water coming through the secondary drain.
How often should I expect the clarisea to advance? I just timed it because why not :thinking-face: and it seems to advance the roll about every 10 min.

hmfaysal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds about right. I guess your pump is set around 1600 gallons per hour. After setup, this kind of high flow will trigger the filter rollers often. This will slow down after around a month. Don’t worry. First roll on a new tank always goes fast.
Also kindly dial back the return pump after 4 months to preserve fleece rolls. Increase wavemakers instead

OP
OP
mrpontiac80

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds about right. I guess your pump is set around 1600 gallons per hour. After setup, this kind of high flow will trigger the filter rollers often. This will slow down after around a month. Don’t worry. First roll on a new tank always goes fast.
Also kindly dial back the return pump after 4 months to preserve fleece rolls. Increase wavemakers instead
Thank you. I had no idea if that was excessive or normal. One thing is for sure, Even on a brand new tank with nothing in it yet but rinsed sand and dry rock, this thing is pulling something out of the water. It’s pretty great so far.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back