How quick for Symbiosis?!

ASIN28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
This is the moment I’ve been waiting for. Getting my clowns on my BTA. How long do you think they will need to be in the acclimation box before they trust the anemone and we have symbiosis?!
They have been together for 2 days now.
Thanks

A37D521A-AC2F-4593-BD21-A9463A3249BE.jpeg

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp it depends... its always easier to get clownfish to host their natural symbionts and even better if they are familiar with anemones. Could be a few hours, days, weeks or never. I've seen all examples...just be patient and give it time. They will ultimately do what they want.

OP
OP
ASIN28

ASIN28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp it depends... its always easier to get clownfish to host their natural symbionts and even better if they are familiar with anemones. Could be a few hours, days, weeks or never. I've seen all examples...just be patient and give it time. They will ultimately do what they want.
Thanks for the reply! I’ll be patient lol

OP
OP
ASIN28

ASIN28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries.. the good news is they are familiar with it already so you may not have an issue at all. Here are my pairs

1607285298945.png

1607285347890.png
Awesome! My clowns aren’t really interested in in food right now in the accumulation box maybe they are just stressed out?

OP
OP
ASIN28

ASIN28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had them and what are you feeding?
Had them for 3 months now always ate like pigs, feeding hikari mysis. I think they are just stressed cause they were eating fine before I put them in the box

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had them for 3 months now always ate like pigs, feeding hikari mysis. I think they are just stressed cause they were eating fine before I put them in the box
I think you named the issue. When do you plan on putting them back in main tank?

OP
OP
ASIN28

ASIN28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you named the issue. When do you plan on putting them back in main tank?
Well the sooner the better, once I see them hanging in the anemone but I’m definitely not interested in keeping them in their for too long. I don’t want to release them too soon where they will just stay away from the nem. Hopefully no more than a week? But if they keep refusing to eat I won’t let that go too much longer

Pillahump

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
at night time you can slowly nudge them around the anemone when they are sleeping so they graze it.
honestly, ive never done this but ive heard a ton of success stories doing this at night. My tank raised percs went into my haddoni after two days...really lucky!

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the sooner the better, once I see them hanging in the anemone but I’m definitely not interested in keeping them in their for too long. I don’t want to release them too soon where they will just stay away from the nem. Hopefully no more than a week? But if they keep refusing to eat I won’t let that go too much longer
You cant control their actions...they will do what they want...you can help influence that...but thats it.

seahorsebill

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
This is the moment I’ve been waiting for. Getting my clowns on my BTA. How long do you think they will need to be in the acclimation box before they trust the anemone and we have symbiosis?!
They have been together for 2 days now.
Thanks

A37D521A-AC2F-4593-BD21-A9463A3249BE.jpeg
This is why I buy my anemones already paired with a clown. Never is a long time.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back