How should I tackle small cyano outbreak?

How should I attack cyano?

• Mechanical removal, nothing else. Slow your roll, noob.

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • chemiclean

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Alter supplements (add details in comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • chemiclean

• increase water changes

• increase nitrate

• increase phosphate

• decrease nitrate

• decrease phosphate

• alter photperiod (add details in comments)

• Total voters

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
unfortunately, you were right. It’s dinos.

had enough time to prepare a slide and take a quick glance, need to analyze further once the kids are in bed.
For dino, killing lights is not an option as light is fuel for dinos which are photosynthetic.
Here is full program:
Prepare by starting with a water change and blow this stuff loose with a turkey baster and siphon up loose particles.
Turn lights off (at least white and run blue at 10-15% IF you have light dependant corals) for 5 days and at night dose 1ml of 3% hydrogen peroxide per 10 gallons for all 5 nights. If you dont have light dependent coral- turn all lights off.
During the day dose 1ml of liquid bacteria (such as bacter 7 or XLM) per 10 gallons.
Clean filters daily and DO NOT FEED CORAL FOODS OR ADD NOPOX as it is food for dinos.
Day 5,, you can start with blue lights - ramping up and work your white lights up slowly

OP
OP
gbru316

gbru316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For dino, killing lights is not an option as light is fuel for dinos which are photosynthetic.
Here is full program:
Prepare by starting with a water change and blow this stuff loose with a turkey baster and siphon up loose particles.
Turn lights off (at least white and run blue at 10-15% IF you have light dependant corals) for 5 days and at night dose 1ml of 3% hydrogen peroxide per 10 gallons for all 5 nights. If you dont have light dependent coral- turn all lights off.
During the day dose 1ml of liquid bacteria (such as bacter 7 or XLM) per 10 gallons.
Clean filters daily and DO NOT FEED CORAL FOODS OR ADD NOPOX as it is food for dinos.
Day 5,, you can start with blue lights - ramping up and work your white lights up slowly

well, at least my corals from Reefchasers live sale this weekend will have an easy acclimation period.

I’ve been blowing off the rocks and stirring sand every few hours since I put the UV sterilizer in last evening.

thanks!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 36 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.1%
Back