How to add multiple polls to single thread?

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to see if it's currently possible to add an additional poll to a thread which replaces the previous poll? I enjoyed adding a poll to my build thread, the answers were very helpful.

It would be great to add this functionality if it doesn't exist already! The polls are fun.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that would be an excellent feature, as polls would often change with different equipment or situations as our builds evolve. #MODS might be able to get things rolling if it is possible.

Currently its not possible for non-supporting members to modify polls, I can't remember if you are a supporter if you can change the topic entirely or just the answers.

OP
OP
living_tribunal

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that would be an excellent feature, as polls would often change with different equipment or situations as our builds evolve. #MODS might be able to get things rolling if it is possible.

Currently its not possible for non-supporting members to modify polls, I can't remember if you are a supporter if you can change the topic entirely or just the answers.

I plan on becoming a member pretty soon and this would definitely make me become one faster :)

Is there a dev team for the site?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am sorry but we don't have that functionality at this point.

Can you tell me what thread and what an extra poll would do? I'm trying to understand so I can think ahead! :)

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Can you tell me what thread and what an extra poll would do? I'm trying to understand so I can think ahead! :)

I think he might like to be able to replace the current poll with a new one :)

OP
OP
living_tribunal

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Definitely. In my build thread I poll people following on how I should proceed with various plans. I'm about as novice as it gets and the polls are a nice interactive way to receive feedback in a consistent, comparable, and concise manner. I noticed people are a lot more responsive to answering the polls than they are going to the last page of the thread and typing up an answer there.

It also provides ample time for people to respond instead of a question getting lost in other replies.

OP
OP
living_tribunal

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think he might like to be able to replace the current poll with a new one :)

I would love to do that if possible in the same build thread. I've been looking everywhere on the page and can't seem to find the event trigger. It looks like there is a check for if thread poll exists, don't display trigger.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Definitely. In my build thread I poll people following on how I should proceed with various plans. I'm about as novice as it gets and the polls are a nice interactive way to receive feedback in a consistent, comparable, and concise manner. I noticed people are a lot more responsive to answering the polls than they are going to the last page of the thread and typing up an answer there.

It also provides ample time for people to respond instead of a question getting lost in other replies.

So I see what you are saying but it's ok for you to just create a new poll thread for any questions you have. it's actually good for the forum. At least until we could add a different way. Thank you!

OP
OP
living_tribunal

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I see what you are saying but it's ok for you to just create a new poll thread for any questions you have. it's actually good for the forum. At least until we could add a different way. Thank you!

So just create a new thread with the poll for now? If so, thanks for the answer!

OP
OP
living_tribunal

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly, although I really do like your idea and hopefully they can implement something like this soon.

Me too. I'd be happy to help a few hours a week if they ever need assistance with the site. I'm a software developer in my 9 to 5.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back