How to Breed Fish

pdisner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Paul B, I moved my clown Gobies to their own bin. We will see if this helps get them to lay eggs. The female is fat. If anyone has any experience breeding yellow clown gobies, chime in please.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to get both though, so I could feed more and more often. Also variety. From what I've read white worms reproduce faster then blackworms. I'll message you later.

You can easily raise white worms, but not blackworms. You would need a large tank and they don't reproduce very fast.

I know what a Duncan looks like man. I was asking if the Duncan’s eat the fan worms or...what? Wasn’t sure on the post. I have a bunch I want to get rid of.

Duncans don't eat fan worms as fan worms don't move and neither do duncans so they can't get to each other. But duncans will eat white and black worms

So Paul B, I moved my clown Gobies to their own bin. We will see if this helps get them to lay eggs. The female is fat. If anyone has any experience breeding yellow clown gobies, chime in please.

Clown gobies only spawn on live acropora or similar corals. They spawn every week.

OP
OP
C-Reefer

C-Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can easily raise white worms, but not blackworms. You would need a large tank and they don't reproduce very fast.

Duncans don't eat fan worms as fan worms don't move and neither do duncans so they can't get to each other. But duncans will eat white and black worms

Clown gobies only spawn on live acropora or similar corals. They spawn every week.

I'll get a shipment from Nart then, and at least try the blackworms. I'll be keeping the blackworms in a large plastic tub, so hopefully they'll reproduce.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blackworms do best in very shallow water like half an inch with a lot of flow. Good luck

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 27 13.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.8%
Back