How to feed baby dendro heads?

  • Thread starter Thread starter myjohnson
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

myjohnson

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2010
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Location
Houston, TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my dendro got little new heads coming from the bigger dendro frag.

I spot feed mysis to the big ones.

How do I feed the little new heads?
 
baby mysis. lol..
but seriously i used to feed the same mysis to the baby dendro heads that i fed the full grown head and they would eat them just the same.
 
cool thanks. The new heads seems to have gotten a little bigger.

I tried to feed a bit of mysis to it tonight and it took it down!

Woot Woot.

However, I have another issue. I also got another dendro colony.

1dendro10.jpg


It came with two tiny heads. I mean tiny! Like 1/4 of a pencil eraser.

I don't think the mother colony is collected to the two baby heads.

Can the little heads grow a little bigger without being collected to a mother head?

In a case like this, how can I feed the tiny heads?

I'm think of just spraying some oysterfest at the heads.

What do you guys think?
 
I had these once.....pain in the booty. I fed only mysis and hoped the babies survived, which they didnt =/
 
I also have a NPS gorg which I feed the complete FM gorg system dry foods too.

I hope the little guy makes it and can pick up some of the FM foods. He is too small to even take mysis.:(
 
Small heads are generally able to survive without direct feeding, this does depend on the amount of food added to the tank in general. If you're a heavy feeder there is nothing to be worried about. You can also try feeding it cyclop-eeze.

I also have a NPS gorg which I feed the complete FM gorg system dry foods too.
unless you feed it 5+ times a day I don't have much hope...
 
A lazy way to feed your dendros is to mix flake food with your water and use a turkey baster to feed them.....even babies can eat that.....

Darren
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new