How to feed fish when I'm not home

reefguy40gal

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 1, 2014
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
Location
newport beach
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going on a business trip in a few weeks.

My ex girlfriend (who usually takes care of my two Savannah jungle cats (see pic below) is on house arrest due to a DUI she got back in January.

I don't have anyone else (that I trust) who can feed my fish.


Any suggestions on what to buy at the LFS to feed my fish either flakes or pellets? The last time I went on a business trip, I went to the LFS and they sold me this white "clam" looking thing. When I came home, all my fish were dead (most likely due to some ******* setting the lights AND pump on a timer....which cut off oxygen at 4pm sharp every day for 6 days straight).


thanks if you have any suggestions.

Obligatory picture of my jungle cat:



20140409_085129-1.jpg
 
How long are you going to be gone and what kind of fish do you have? Most well fed fish can easily go a few days without eating. The other alternative is to section the food into one of those daily pill containers, and then someone won't over-feed.
 
Any family, friends, or neighbors you can have do it? Not sure I would trust anything automated.

Who will be taking care of those cats?
 
Any family, friends, or neighbors you can have do it? Not sure I would trust anything automated.

Who will be taking care of those cats?


2 clowns, one baby tang (1" long), 1 yellow baby tang, 1 flame angel.

Maxima clam, frogspawn, 2 torches, anemone multiple zoas, duncan, dendrophillia, candy cane, mushroom, hammerhead frag.

Leave on a Monday, back on Wednesday.
 
Sorry I can't help with a good feeder suggestion but your fish would be okay for those three days w/o being fed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 10 5.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new