How to fix background paint bubbling?

silent1mezzo

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 28, 2021
Messages
304
Reaction score
301
Location
Burlington, ON
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently sprayed the back my 90 gallon tank. After waiting 48 hours to cure I touched up a couple spots and it causes the surrounding area to bubble. Does anyone know how to fix this?

IMG_0664.jpeg
IMG_0667.jpeg
 
Short of scraping and reapplying that area I'l can't think of anything but maybe someone has a better suggestion. I've sprayed backs but prefer using a roller with latex paint. It goes on easy and can be applied indoors. Any damage can be easily touched up unlike a spray painted back. It's also much easier to remove later if you want. Spray paint it a pain to scrape of.

EDIT : I also ignore imperfection on the outside surface as long as the inside looks good but yours look like they may be visible from inside.
 
Ya it's very visible inside. I had scrapped it and reapplied but it bubbled the area around it

I might have to scrape and use a roller with latex paint. This is my first time trying spray paint
 
I ended up buying a can of the regular tremclad paint and rolled it over top. I shouldn't have used the spraypaint in the first place
 
I recently sprayed the back my 90 gallon tank. After waiting 48 hours to cure I touched up a couple spots and it causes the surrounding area to bubble. Does anyone know how to fix this?

IMG_0664.jpeg
IMG_0667.jpeg
Scrape the areas and repaint with a brush. You'd be surprised how you can't see it from tank side. It a flat surface.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new