How to grow acans out instead of a ball?

  • Thread starter Thread starter NinnJinn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

NinnJinn

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 24, 2018
Messages
555
Reaction score
474
Location
Loogootee, Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am about to pull the trigger on my first corals... some acan Frags.. What would I need to do or use to cause My acans to grow out flat instead of in a ball? I have no intentions whatsoever of fragging these.
 
They will grow in the shape they want. I've never heard of any way to control the shape of them.
 
Actually...I know of one trick that works ...if I use epoxy or glue and just reach up to where the tissue ends and build a slope down to a larger frag disc..then it helps to promote the acan to grow flat ...same trick with chalices .
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new