OP
OP
sil40sx

sil40sx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I covered some of the small opening at the back with rocks, now it doesnt have other option other than going out from the PVC.

I'm not in a hurry, I have all the time, I'll let it come inside the PVC 100% before I pull it out. Right now, it looks like half of its disk is still in the rock/crevice.

Thanks again everyone for taking your time giving me tips and suggestions. Especially to @Breadman03

IMG_5425.jpg

SandJ

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may be able to hook a hose up to a Maxijet pump to direct the flow through the hole in the rock where its foot is attached. If the power is too strong you could T another line off of it to adjust the flow.

Twocorns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   2   0
I need to try the pvc trick. I have the same issue with my nem, ******* retreats to his crevice, too!

Dizzirn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I covered some of the small opening at the back with rocks, now it doesnt have other option other than going out from the PVC.

I'm not in a hurry, I have all the time, I'll let it come inside the PVC 100% before I pull it out. Right now, it looks like half of its disk is still in the rock/crevice.

Thanks again everyone for taking your time giving me tips and suggestions. Especially to @Breadman03

IMG_5425.jpg

Well how’s it going now?

Dizzirn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_5425.jpg

Well how’s it going now?

OP
OP
sil40sx

sil40sx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well how’s it going now?

Its foot is still anchored in the crevice, I tried pulling it out, but as soon as it felt my fingers, it went straight in the crevice faster than saying cat in the hat. LOL

I'm not in a hurry though, as long as it doesnt sting my other corals, I have time to wait.

IMG_5441.jpg

Last edited:

ShaunRobinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its foot is still anchored in the crevice, I tried pulling it out, but as soon as it felt my fingers, it went straight in the crevice faster than saying cat in the hat. LOL

I'm not in a hurry though, as long as it doesnt sting my other corals, I have time to wait.

IMG_5441.jpg
Been following this and a great idea with the PVC.

Saying that I would have maybe tried a longer piece so it has to climb the pipe. a piece that long is unlikely going to be long enough to make it let go of it's safe place? They can stretch up quite a way.

OP
OP
sil40sx

sil40sx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been following this and a great idea with the PVC.

Saying that I would have maybe tried a longer piece so it has to climb the pipe. a piece that long is unlikely going to be long enough to make it let go of it's safe place? They can stretch up quite a way.

I was just thinking about the exact same thing. I was also thinking of drilling holes around the pvc so it has something to attach to.

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that was say a 1" coupling I would glue say like 2 or three of them together to force it to come up higher if it wants to spread out like that. Could even go 1" > reducer > 1.5" and that might give you the length you need. All depends on what you have lying around.

OP
OP
sil40sx

sil40sx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad news. I made a longer PVC, then drilled holes in it. The BTA eventually went all the way up to get some light. But half of its disc is still attached to the rock, but this time I can see it and can put my fingers to pry it off. And since half of the foot is already out of the crevice, even if it retracts it will just be on top of the rock. So I just had to pry it off slowly. Hahaha

So anyways, the bad news is, I put it on the other side of the tank where I can easily take it out if I had to, but it hosted the maroon instantly. And kinda feel bad if I let it go. So I guess I will be keeping it for now. If you ask me, it's a win-win situation. LOL

IMG_2317.jpg

IMG_2292.jpg

mckinleyw

AIRBORNE REEFER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bad news. I made a longer PVC, then drilled holes in it. The BTA eventually went all the way up to get some light. But half of its disc is still attached to the rock, but this time I can see it and can put my fingers to pry it off. And since half of the foot is already out of the crevice, even if it retracts it will just be on top of the rock. So I just had to pry it off slowly. Hahaha

So anyways, the bad news is, I put it on the other side of the tank where I can easily take it out if I had to, but it hosted the maroon instantly. And kinda feel bad if I let it go. So I guess I will be keeping it for now. If you ask me, it's a win-win situation. LOL

IMG_2317.jpg

IMG_2292.jpg

Love to see that goodluck on on ur ventures and keep on reefin'

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_2317.jpg

IMG_2292.jpg
The maroon seems happy. That's a beautiful nem and clown!

OP
OP
sil40sx

sil40sx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
sil40sx

sil40sx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. Best of both worlds now. Happy sps and the bonus of having a Nem and clown together which has to be one of the best sights in a reef tank.:)

I know, thanks. I'm happy it went well more than expected.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back