How to keep APS stand's plastic endcaps from falling off?

smootie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm setting up the APS stand that came with my Innovative Marine Fusion 2 40L tank, and can't figure out how I'm supposed to attach the plastic endcaps. There doesn't seem to be anything structurally on them that would keep them in place. The instructions make it seem like they just snap in, but my endcaps are super loose and fell out repeatedly during the assembly process. Am I supposed to glue them? I had an IM 25 lagoon a few years ago and don't remember having this problem with that stand.

(I emailed IM and am waiting for them to reply, but I figured there are 40L AIO owners out there who might chime in in the meantime.)

Attachments

• stand.mp4
    1.8 MB

air_run

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used hot glue on my end caps on my Rogue Rack (Plate Mounts) as I had the same problem of them being loose. I slam weights on and off of them and they haven't budged. It should work for your situation as they will never be touched otherwise. Just a thought.

IMG_6764.jpg

OP
OP
smootie

smootie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used hot glue on my end caps on my Rogue Rack (Plate Mounts) as I had the same problem of them being loose. I slam weights on and off of them and they haven't budged. It should work for your situation as they will never be touched otherwise. Just a thought.
Thanks so much for the suggestion. I used hot glue and it worked perfectly.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 45 29.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 42 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.2%
Back