How to kill zoas in tank?

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same problem with the big green palys everywhere on my main rock! I'll never be able to find a live rock that size to replace it with! How did you pull them off?

How big is ur tank? I only have 36 gallons and a lot of highend corals in there I just bought in the last few months! I am going to be removing the high end zoas real soon to frag tank but I have some high end lps coming right after! Wouldnt it be safer to do little by litte or should I go for it all at once right after I move zoas and the other high ends get here. Basically about a day apart! LOL , I am also going to be very busy though that day getting lights up and goin ecet ect!

What a nightmare these chap palys are and when I pull at the all kinds of toxins seem to comeout!

DrMMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used kalkwasser paste to kill mine that were overgrown or when I didn't want the palys in my tank anymore.

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same problem with the big green palys everywhere on my main rock! I'll never be able to find a live rock that size to replace it with! How did you pull them off?

How big is ur tank? I only have 36 gallons and a lot of highend corals in there I just bought in the last few months! I am going to be removing the high end zoas real soon to frag tank but I have some high end lps coming right after! Wouldnt it be safer to do little by litte or should I go for it all at once right after I move zoas and the other high ends get here. Basically about a day apart! LOL , I am also going to be very busy though that day getting lights up and goin ecet ect!

What a nightmare these chap palys are and when I pull at the all kinds of toxins seem to comeout!
Yes, those ARE toxins. You need to be careful. You can get poisoned by palytoxins. Not to alarm you, but to inform you. palytoxin poisoning thread

tanked4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of well placed hammers or torches will clean that up for you . The shade plus sting is a killer for zoas.

Good luck.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back