How to know how much acro power to dose?

  • Thread starter Thread starter stE26wy14
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

stE26wy14

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2024
Messages
7,186
Reaction score
4,303
Location
new jersey
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose 2ml of acro power a night, haven’t gotten any reactions from acros besides color loss on green slimes though
Params are all fine
Ca:460
Mg:1420
Alk:around 9
Salinity:1.026
Nitrates are pushing 10
 
I'd generally say just follow the bottle instructions, it usually tells you how much per day per tank volume. I use brightwell coral aminos in my frag system and can't truly say how much or if it helps, but my SPS are growing great there with vibrant colors, so I just keep feeding the beast...
 
I would watch your acros response in the first 10 days. If they are unhappy with the change, they will tell you. If you notice positive signs then slowly increase. I don't dose aminos, as I feel this can contribute to negative bacteria populations growing, although that is just anecdotal, this has been my experience.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new