How to make refugium in Fluval Evo 13.5g

GothFishKeeper

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2024
Messages
423
Reaction score
181
Location
Bolingbrook
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I originally ordered 3D printed media trays with flow direction that I would use for media bags in chamber 1 and a refugium in chamber 2… the story on that is in my other post here:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/refugium-build-decision-for-fluval-evo-13-5.1061800/#post-12656820
I still like that idea, but the only option I can find is the InTank inserts and I don’t know if my chaeto would end up escaping into the display tank. Does anyone have suggestions on what I can/should use? Preferably a product I can buy online somewhere.
 
Mesh over the outlet, maybe? I have that same tank, not much room in the back. I have a bag of rock rubble in my 2nd chamber.
 
Cheato shouldn't end up in your display. Especially with the media baskets from Etsy. Kinda seems hard for it to make its way in the display.
 
Cheato shouldn't end up in your display. Especially with the media baskets from Etsy. Kinda seems hard for it to make its way in the display.
I ended up going with the intank baskets, will that be okay as well?
 
I got a chamber 2 basket from fishguildcorp on etsy, the shelves are removable and after taking them out it works fantastic for chaeto, and it even has a little water flow director. (and its not $60 like the intank)
 
I got a chamber 2 basket from fishguildcorp on etsy, the shelves are removable and after taking them out it works fantastic for chaeto, and it even has a little water flow director. (and its not $60 like the intank)
I did look at that one, but I didn’t realize it had those flow directors. I already spent the money on the intank yesterday, darn:(
 
I did look at that one, but I didn’t realize it had those flow directors. I already spent the money on the intank yesterday, darn:(
i love intanks baskets, i have them on every other chamber on my fluvals (i have 2 tanks), but for trying to set up a fuge on the evo they just dont work. the shelves arnt fully removable witch can cause some headaches. if i were you I would try to cancel the order and go with a 3d printed one.
 
I agree,cancel your order and get the Etsy ones. I love InTank stuff but its so too pricey for what it is. Everyone back in the day bought them like crazy because nobody else made anything like that for tanks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new