How to QT Feather Duster?

  • Thread starter Thread starter lyscer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

lyscer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 12, 2014
Messages
339
Reaction score
129
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you guys QT your feather dusters? I picked one up at a LFS and when I got home realized I had no idea how to QT the thing. I want to make sure that I can keep it nice and healthy even in QT. I did some searches on the forum here but came up empty handed. Same for the google searches I tried.

Thanks.
 
I ended up putting together my coral/invert QT system which I have been wanting to do. I will be putting my DIY LED on it in the morning. I used a sponge that was in my tank to seed this new tank and used water from my DT water change to fill it. I plan on feeding phyto a few times a week to help supplement it and try to keep it alive while in QT

9c8191d5352bb4ee54807bb71edc3336.jpg
 
I agree I just acclimated it and tossed them in my display. 5 years later the two have turned into 15 I sold 10 of them and still have a rock with 3 on it and one on the other side of the tank. One was crushed during a tank switch.
 
I recently brought in some nasty stuff into my tank that wiped out all my fish. I let it go fallow for 120 days due to multiple reason and added my fish that were in qt. to the tank so I decided to qt this because I don't want to risk bringing ich or any other parasites into my DT. Thanks for all of the responses.
 
Quick update: feather duster seems to be doing great. I feed marine snow a couple times a week and the feather duster seems to be out most of the time.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new