How to understand and create PAR heat map

new-judge

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 30, 2025
Messages
17
Reaction score
11
Location
Sydney
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I’ve recently bought two Red Sea 90 lights for my tank. I have 326l aqua one tank with dimensions: 120cm (length) x 55cm (depth) x 53cm (height).
My question is how to create and understand PAR parameters. I have 45% blue and 10% settings. Lights are mounted at 21cm from the lid per book recommendation. Can someone walk me through it? Give any tips, for now I have zoans and anemone in the tank and I want to know good spots to place them.

Thank you!

IMG_4094.jpeg
 
Do you have a PAR meter or know of anyone who may let you borrow one?
 
Hi everyone, I’ve recently bought two Red Sea 90 lights for my tank. I have 326l aqua one tank with dimensions: 120cm (length) x 55cm (depth) x 53cm (height).
My question is how to create and understand PAR parameters. I have 45% blue and 10% settings. Lights are mounted at 21cm from the lid per book recommendation. Can someone walk me through it? Give any tips, for now I have zoans and anemone in the tank and I want to know good spots to place them.

Thank you!

IMG_4094.jpeg
Ryan from Serious Reefs just did a series setting lights with watts per gallon. Also, you could go to your LFS or club and see if they have a par meter to rent.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new