How to wrap steal stand?

Gabriel Guirola

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I have this steel stand that I want to wrap and I have no clue on how to go about it. Do you guys have any recommendations and maybe pics of what you have done?

5EC245BA-3E04-4CD6-AD9A-25EC050ADA74.jpeg

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you do a search it will bring up a few steel wraps. If there is any rust of the stand, you may want to use Rustoleum. Don't want rust dust in your sump water

bblumberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since your tank appears to be up against a wall, you can build a 3-sided wood structure that slides into place and is self-supporting. You can put doors on it for routinely going in and out, or slide it away if you need to really work under the tank. I have one like this for my 75g corner tank and really, really regret that my 150g tanks have standard stands (one totally wood and one wood wrap, but not removable). See pix below.

metal.JPG stand_top.JPG bottom_off.jpg full.jpg

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its "Steel"

You can use a variety of things, from magnets to screws. Or, it could even be something that gets pushed up against the stand and is not physically attached.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have any examples of what you want the finished product to look like?

Recommendations may change depending on that.

MikeyLikesit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 part Epoxy.
Rare Earth Magnet
Drill bit that is larger than the diameter of the magnet, with a stop that's the same thickness of whatever magnet you get.

Done.

HawaiianReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since your tank appears to be up against a wall, you can build a 3-sided wood structure that slides into place and is self-supporting. You can put doors on it for routinely going in and out, or slide it away if you need to really work under the tank. I have one like this for my 75g corner tank and really, really regret that my 150g tanks have standard stands (one totally wood and one wood wrap, but not removable). See pix below.

metal.JPG stand_top.JPG bottom_off.jpg full.jpg
I love woodwork, but that sump and install is so dang pretty, it's a shame to cover it up!

Ross Petersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestions on how to wrap this peninsula optimally? I'm going to have an apex unit to the right/butt end of the unit, probably on a small separate stand. I'm thinking about having 6 panels... one on each end and two on each face. The back right panel with large cutouts for ventilation, and a similar setup for the right end panel by the returns. Not sure if I should A) leave the right end open or B) use a magnetic skin or C) make the right end a more permanent face that itself can hold electrical hardware (e.g., pump controls, apex, etc.).

Any insights would be great! Cheers

Peninsula, no cabinet.png

bblumberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love woodwork, but that sump and install is so dang pretty, it's a shame to cover it up!
Thanks. The sump was made by Lifereef and fits perfectly into that space. I did some customizing when moving it into the new stand (Bean Animal vs. previous Durso), added Apex etc. My wife would not tolerate an open bottom in her breakfast room, though.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 38 82.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back