How would I go about upgrading

Morgan Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I am planning out an upgrade to my tank. I’ve been running my tank out of a fluval flex 32.5, and today decided to upgrade to a water box 50.3 peninsula. I was wondering what do I need to do to transfer everything? The tank comes with 0 filtration media, so I was wondering what should I purchase to get this thing started. The issue I am running into is that I can’t cycle the tank as it is going into the same spot my current tank is, and was wondering what do I even do.

My current stock is:
1 small Duncan colony
2 zoa colonies
Lots of assorted Kenya trees
3 mushrooms
1 acan colony
2 clownfish
1 royal gramma
1 small blenny

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I am planning out an upgrade to my tank. I’ve been running my tank out of a fluval flex 32.5, and today decided to upgrade to a water box 50.3 peninsula. I was wondering what do I need to do to transfer everything? The tank comes with 0 filtration media, so I was wondering what should I purchase to get this thing started. The issue I am running into is that I can’t cycle the tank as it is going into the same spot my current tank is, and was wondering what do I even do.

My current stock is:
1 small Duncan colony
2 zoa colonies
Lots of assorted Kenya trees
3 mushrooms
1 acan colony
2 clownfish
1 royal gramma
1 small blenny
If you are transferring all of your old rock to the new tank. then you won't need to cycle.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would I need to transfer substrate or no? What abt my current filter media? I only have the stuff directly from fluval
You can add some of your substrate to the top of the new. Add everything you can that would have your bacteria on it. It doesn't have to be permanent, so your old media Yes add. You can remove it later if you want.

OP
OP
M

Morgan Rodgers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can add some of your substrate to the top of the new. Add everything you can that would have your bacteria on it. It doesn't have to be permanent, so your old media Yes add. You can remove it later if you want.
What new filter media should I add?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back