How would you cut this acrylic sheet?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JoJosReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JoJosReef

There's some lovely filth down here!
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2021
Messages
20,724
Reaction score
80,845
Location
Orange County, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking of getting this to make a shade for my cryptic zone. This is probably going to be a trial and error shade, because I don't know how much shade I'll need. So (1) cheap, (2) can be cut again to size down if too much shade.

What would you use to cut this? I have almost no useful tools. So a laser cutting machine is out.
1725953313687.png


And to hold it in place, I'll glue short narrow cut strips of the same plastic as bumpers for the glass sides of the sump chamber. Will this glue hold the strips well enough?
1725953410426.png



Thanks!
 
I used this to cut plexiglass. Basic but it worked well. You need to clamp a straight edge as a guide and then just score over and over and you can snap the sheet. It worked perfect and my material was thicker than what you posted

BC41B308-7C13-4D0B-8DB5-1F23E198A50E.jpeg



FLETCHER-TERRY COMPANY 05-120 HD Plas Cutter, https://a.co/d/cSr6Axa
 
I used this to cut plexiglass. Basic but it worked well. You need to clamp a straight edge as a guide and then just score over and over and you can snap the sheet. It worked perfect and my material was thicker than what you posted

BC41B308-7C13-4D0B-8DB5-1F23E198A50E.jpeg



FLETCHER-TERRY COMPANY 05-120 HD Plas Cutter, https://a.co/d/cSr6Axa
Awesome, thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new