How you connect the reeftank to the remote sump?

FishRFriendsNotFood

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

as I'm planning my reeftank, I wonder how you connect Mitras lightbars & Tunze Streampumps & a powerhead all in the DT upstairs) with the Profilux 4 in the basement where all the equipment is. Estimated distance is 4m or 18ft.
How many cables do I need, which equipment do I need?
I'd like to have everything controllable by the PL4.

Thanks in advance!
JanL

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could extend the Tunze Cable, and the Mitras Cable.

You would need a YL2-5 which gives you 15 Feet. And believe then you could use a VSL-2,5 cable. That would be for the Tunze and Lightbar. But we would need @Vinny@GHLUSA to confirm :)

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the tag @Ditto

Here's what you need for the Tunze Stream pumps:
  • Tunze 1 cable (For pump 1)
  • Tunze 2 cable (For pump 2)
  • YL2-5 (This 16ft long splitter allows you to connect both Tunze pumps so 1 cable runs down to the P4)
How they are connected
The Tunze cables are each connected to the Tunze controller. The other-end of the Tunze cable then connects to the YL2 splitter. The tail-end of the splitter runs downstairs and connects into one of the yellow 1-10V ports on your P4.

For the Mitras Lightbars, you would need:
  • Mitras LB Splitter
  • Mitras LB cable, RJ45
  • RJ45 coupler (Something like this one)
  • PAB-cable 3m or 5m
How they are connected
The lightbar power cable is connected to the LB-splitter. The lightbar power supply is then connected to the splitter. The RJ45 cable connects to the splitter and runs downstairs, extended by the RJ45 coupler and PAB-cable. The other end of the PAB-cable is then connected to the MiLB port on the P4.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do 2x Lightbar 140 version (1x Deep Actinic, 1x Actinic) with a 200w power supply. The 1 PSU will power both Lightbars.

This combo will perfectly cover the whole footprint of the tank and give you an overall spectrum that is more focused on the blue. If you prefer a more white overall look to the tank, do 1x Deep Actinic and 1x Ocean Blue.

OP
OP
FishRFriendsNotFood

FishRFriendsNotFood

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do 2x Lightbar 140 version (1x Deep Actinic, 1x Actinic) with a 200w power supply. The 1 PSU will power both Lightbars.

This combo will perfectly cover the whole footprint of the tank and give you an overall spectrum that is more focused on the blue. If you prefer a more white overall look to the tank, do 1x Deep Actinic and 1x Ocean Blue.
That's good news for my budget since I was counting on 3 LB's! I'll definitely go for a more white look then...
Thanks!

Back