• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Howdy Everyone, new tank, Looking for extra coral growth in the College Station area! (Aggie here!)

Item Price
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Shipping
NO shipping is NOT available

Justin Teufel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy y'all!

It has been a hot minute since I have posted on here in awhile. Life has been busy with my new transfer to my new University - Texas A&M. Howdy all fellow ags!! I just transferred over this semester after my freshman year at my local college in New Jersey. I joined the Corps of Cadets here at A&M which also makes things harder, however I just couldn't bring myself to part with this amazing hobby and what it offers. It brings me happiness and joy - especially me being a cadet, times can be tough and things can get hard. So, I have decided to get a small 5 gallon tank. Today marks its first day since the cycle has ended which means its now time for me to add some coral! I am only planning to add photosynthetic and soft corals to this tank to make it easier for me to maintain here in college.

I am asking any fellow aggies out there, or anyone that lives in the Bryan/College Station area if anyone has any corals to spare, whether it would be some overgrowth or whatnot. It would be greatly appreciated, and I would be more than happy to update y'all on my journey with this new nano tank.

What I find most rewarding is that all of my fish/cadet buddies have been so fascinated with my tank. They come in my room to look at the tank all of the time and always ask questions about it. They never get tired of it and love learning about the reefing hobby.

Help me in making my new 5-gallon tank the best nano tank in college station!

Mods, if this is the wrong thread to post this, please either let me know or help move it to the correct thread/discussion.

Thanks in advance all fellow reefers!

Best,

Justin Teufel

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should check out your local facebook pages, they probably have one or more local reef groups. I know there have been some posts on the local DFW groups from people that live down there. Welcome to Texas!

OP
OP
Justin Teufel

Justin Teufel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should check out your local facebook pages, they probably have one or more local reef groups. I know there have been some posts on the local DFW groups from people that live down there. Welcome to Texas!
What does DFW mean? Also, how would I go about finding groups here in Texas? Theres probrably hundreds of clubs and groups that may not be in Texas or in my correct general area. Are you in any reef clubs or forums? LMK, thanks!

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does DFW mean? Also, how would I go about finding groups here in Texas? Theres probrably hundreds of clubs and groups that may not be in Texas or in my correct general area. Are you in any reef clubs or forums? LMK, thanks!
DFW=Dallas/Fort Worth. I'm sure you will see it a lot now that you are in Texas. Each major city has their own major club. I know Houston, Austin and San Antonio each have one. The one in Dallas is DFWMAS. Houston has a big 1 day frag swap/expo each year. I've driven down to it before. Not sure when it will be for 2023. The Dallas club is putting on a frag swap next month in the Arlington area. I know there are swaps in Austin and San Antonio each year. Dallas also has Aquashella and hopefully Reefapalooza again in 2023.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back