Howdy from Austin, TX

XRe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, y'all,

I'm Dave, living near Austin, TX. I don't currently have a tank running, but am in the process of planning one out. I'm a former freshwater guy, but haven't had a tank in quite a while (20 years?). Reef tanks have fascinated me for a long, long time, and I'm finally in a position where I'm not likely to move again any time soon, so starting up a reef tank finally makes sense for me. And man, the state of the industry has advanced so much in that time - seems like a great time to be a reefer!

We have a number of things to do at the house before I start setting anything up (most importantly, we need to repaint inside) - so I realistically have about a year until I can start putting water in anything. But, that will give me time to learn, establish a solid startup plan, and start getting things together without having to do a "crash course" on it.

I've been lurking here for a bit, and appreciate what a great resource reef2reef is, at this point. I've also been reading a few books, and binging several YouTube channels and podcasts, and just generally nerding out on reef tanks.

Looking forward to the next year of learning before making the leap!

Dave

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 27 41.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 27 41.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back