Howdy from Wyoming.

MountainBorn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, My name is Jeremiah and I just moved back to Wyoming and had to leave my pond and freshwater fish tanks behind in the old state. I had several hundred gallons of freshwater tanks but always wanted to get back into saltwater.

Part of the deal with my wife was I could set up one saltwater tank with this move so I just ordered a waterbox 7225. In the past I have had a 40 breeder in early 2000 then after a move I got a 65 gallon in mid 2010. Then a 110 gallon replaced that but a hitchhiking mantis shrimp caused several blue spot jawfish to carpet surf even though I had a net lid (I didn't find the mantis shrimp until I tore the tank down).

So now I will be starting anew but I will be much stricter on quarantine this time around. I have already looked over a few threads on this forum so I figured I would join.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to picking up tips and learning from here.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, My name is Jeremiah and I just moved back to Wyoming and had to leave my pond and freshwater fish tanks behind in the old state. I had several hundred gallons of freshwater tanks but always wanted to get back into saltwater.

Part of the deal with my wife was I could set up one saltwater tank with this move so I just ordered a waterbox 7225. In the past I have had a 40 breeder in early 2000 then after a move I got a 65 gallon in mid 2010. Then a 110 gallon replaced that but a hitchhiking mantis shrimp caused several blue spot jawfish to carpet surf even though I had a net lid (I didn't find the mantis shrimp until I tore the tank down).

So now I will be starting anew but I will be much stricter on quarantine this time around. I have already looked over a few threads on this forum so I figured I would join.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to picking up tips and learning from here.
Hi Jeremiah and Welcome!

Glad you joined and returned to hobby. Sorry for your losses in the past. Love jawfish but they are Olympic-level Carpet Surfers... deadly habit. If it hadn't been the mantis shrimp, over time their own shadows might have done them in...

Some days we ride the wave, some days the wave rides us. We all learn from our mistakes, and tighter quarantine will be great for everything in your tank as well as your sanity. I'm just getting my sanity back from sloppy dip/quarantine processes and cleaning resulting everything up.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back