Howdy Ya'll

JustKoch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So new to the forum, have done freshwater fish for a couple years and have always wanted to jump on the saltwater side. So finally today I'll be picking up a 60 gallon tank for my saltwater set up. I'll be looking forward to learning and picking a few brains in here. This will probably be a slow set up - as I am trying to determine what kind of set up/route I want to go. And there is so much information so looking and learning what could be the best approach for the tank. Thanks everyone and hope everyone has a great week!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Welcome to the saltwater hobby! Its fun and challenging so dont steer away from challenge!

I know a lot of great info and people are on here at R2R! If youre interested in getting some salt info I just started a YouTube channel with the help of some of my reefing inspirations (Bahama Llama and Inappropriate Reefer). That being said I hope you enjoy the video Id no doubt take at least one of these tips and run with it!

Happy reefing!

90G Mark

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So new to the forum, have done freshwater fish for a couple years and have always wanted to jump on the saltwater side. So finally today I'll be picking up a 60 gallon tank for my saltwater set up. I'll be looking forward to learning and picking a few brains in here. This will probably be a slow set up - as I am trying to determine what kind of set up/route I want to go. And there is so much information so looking and learning what could be the best approach for the tank. Thanks everyone and hope everyone has a great week!
Slow is the way to go, not only determine what set up you want, but alot of people including me jump into the hobby thinking it cant be much different from freshwater.. fortunately i went the rout of a FOWLR tank at first. and my being impatient was not that much of a factor. i am only now afetr 4 years of running a FOWLR tank am slowly introducing coral to my tank. so do as you plan take it slow. do alot of research on your lighting. i would suggest get most if not all your info from here on R2R and not listen to big corps advertising their product as being the best. Most if not all of the Reefers here have been through the wind tunnel on what product will work and what will not. (did that make sense?) what i mean to say R2R has alot of people who has droped alot of money on products only to learn that it is not worth it. Try to find some one with a established reef with a 60g tank and they will be able to help direct you toward a Light with proper PAR, Unlike Frshwater water flow is important in a reef tank. im always second guessing my Water Flow. and this may be obvious to you but when you think you are ready to add coral.. dont go out and buy a bunch and QT then stick them in your tank.. buy a test coral.. Dip, QT, then maybe Dip again. add to your Vase and give it awhile to see how it does. I hope like im not talking in a way like you are clueless. im just sharing some of the great INFO that i got prior to starting my reef.. So good luck

Back