hows this setup sound?

macawmagic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well...all my corals are pretty much growing into eachother so I'm looking at upgrading.

tank...
250 gallon (perfecto)? 60x36x27 center overflow. starphire front
custom wooden stand out of 2x4's or 2x6's

lighting...sell my 3 250 aquamedic pendants and get...
2 14" solo tubes. or 2 x 250 or 400 watt radiums:bigsmile: (if I use the solotubes I feel like i'd be able to keep my 1/4 chiller. if I go with mh's I think i'll need a bigger chiller)
4 x 48" t5 actinic
6 or 12 of those LED lights (last addition as I can afford them)

flow...
return dart which will go to main tank through 2 1" sea swirls. to surge buckets. and to the frag tank.
closed loop with 4 1" outlets on dart (hopefully oceans motions if I can get a good deal)
2 surge buckets
also have 6 sureflows that I could throw in instead of the closed loop.

DSB using all dry sand and throw in a bag full of sand from my existing tank

make some more liverock and use my existing liverock to seed it.
or just buy some dead rock.

skimmer is das ex-2. (what i have now) it's rated for up to 250. I'll see if it can handle the load otherwise I can upgrade to something bigger. any opinions on the skimmer?

setup a 55 for a sump/fuge.
33 long for frag tank.

need to find a calcium reactor!!! that's what I've been looking for lately, but I can't find a really good deal, or can't afford the good deals that i've seen. LOL

any opinions or does it sound good? only thing i havent quite figured out is what i'll do with all my livestock cuz in order to setup this bigger tank, I'll need to take apart the old tank. i might have to drain it, and hopefully slide it to somewhere else in my house. it's on carpet though...hmmm

Last edited:

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 2 6.5%
Back