Hungry brains

cbau45

I like to reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are my babies eating. Once again, excuse the cyano in these pics. It seems like this go around is an endless battle. Let me know what you think.

100_1205.jpg

100_1150.jpg

alvieman

Not FW Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful Cyano! somethings in the way tho, some green and red crap, might wanna get that taken care of

:nerd:

Mr.Firemouth

FIREMOUTH WIZARD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check your PO4 and Alk levels, they may be the problem on the cyano, also check your surce water that you use for top off and water changes with a TDS digital meter(not inline crap unit) and make sure you are below 2ppm.(0ppm is best)

OP
OP
cbau45

cbau45

I like to reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check your PO4 and Alk levels, they may be the problem on the cyano, also check your surce water that you use for top off and water changes with a TDS digital meter(not inline crap unit) and make sure you are below 2ppm.(0ppm is best)

My alk level is at 8.5 dkh, my PO4 reads at 0ppm but that's with the API liquid test kit and I don't trust those with PO4. I've heard they're pretty inaccurate in that regard. As far as my source water, I have never tested it for TDS but I do run it through a 4 stage RO/DI unit. A lot of good that'll do me if the TDS is naturally high. I'll look into it.

Mr.Firemouth

FIREMOUTH WIZARD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Craig, I always recommend a dual stage DI at the end of the line for RO/DI, this works as a safe gaurd to reduce any TDS.

When water params check out, it then becomes a flow issue and sometimes older bulbs can have a negative impact. But do check the TDS, it is the first place to look.

OP
OP
cbau45

cbau45

I like to reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Craig, I always recommend a dual stage DI at the end of the line for RO/DI, this works as a safe gaurd to reduce any TDS.

When water params check out, it then becomes a flow issue and sometimes older bulbs can have a negative impact. But do check the TDS, it is the first place to look.

Good to know Firemouth. I'm pretty sure it's not a bulb issue. Mine aren't even 4 months old yet. Could be a flow issue but I doubt it because I get it in areas that have high flow. I'll have to test the TDS. I have a feeling that might be my problem.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 47 29.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 28.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.0%
Back