HVAC blue/white filter pads

  • Thread starter Thread starter t5Nitro
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2011
Messages
2,030
Reaction score
1,427
Location
WI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone using HVAC filter pads for mechanical filtration?
I have Polyfil, which works well, but it's prone to letting go of small fibers, and I'm not sure I want to keep adding polyfil fibers to the tank.

Looks like you can buy the stuff in rolls of 10' - 90', maybe even more. Endless supply in a single roll for an aquarium use standpoint.
 
12x4x2 spunge that is all I use. Change it 2 times a week.
 
Anyone using HVAC filter pads for mechanical filtration?
I have Polyfil, which works well, but it's prone to letting go of small fibers, and I'm not sure I want to keep adding polyfil fibers to the tank.

Looks like you can buy the stuff in rolls of 10' - 90', maybe even more. Endless supply in a single roll for an aquarium use standpoint.

They make polyfill that is sheets.

Quilt batting at a craft store (without chemicals for fire resistance) for something local or they do make blue/white aquarium branded stuff too.

It is too bad Big Al's no longer ships to USA as I used to get 10 sq feet for like 10 bucks there.
 
I’ve been using it for a couple of years now. I get it for free. A building I service has massive rolls of the stuff and the engineers don’t mind that I take some (I also use it as my filter for my central air) occasionally. I usually cut what I need, rinse it under warm tap water (the media feels a tad oily) then rinse with rodi.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new