hybrid bulb combo

cpate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had my aquatic life fixture running for a few months with two Kessils and a combination of 2 blue + and 2 actinic bulbs.. I’m not liking the colors of this combo at all and I’m wondering what’s everyone’s preferred T5 combo?

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally would run a coral+ Blue+ combo. Since you have the kessils you will have plenty of the blue if you wish to just look at the tank under blues. You should get great growth with that combo also

OP
OP
cpate

cpate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally would run a coral+ Blue+ combo. Since you have the kessils you will have plenty of the blue if you wish to just look at the tank under blues. You should get great growth with that combo also

Thanks for the advice. I was considering the coral +

SDboatguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been running 2 B+ and 2C+ for a couple years , I like the look. But I just got new bulbs and went with B+ and an actinic on one channel and a Gmann tropic 6500k with their Coral bulb. Big difference , I actually like the white bulb in the mix a lot. I do think a lot depends on the LED schedule you use as well, I’m using Hydras so probably not the same look you would have.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back