Hydor slim skim skimmer

  • Thread starter Thread starter dmh41532
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dmh41532

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2015
Messages
505
Reaction score
188
Location
Naples, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does any one have experience with this skimmer? I am considering one for my 20l.
 
Sorry can't help but I have a tunze 9001 skimmer. I believe it's smaller than they hydor and it works very well and it's super quiet. Break in does sucks with the micro bubbles. However I ran mine in a bucket of old tank water for 3 days to break it in.
 
Yea +1 on the tunze it's 129 new on Amazon. And a aquaclearbis perfectly acceptable in a small tank. Great place to add carbon bag and provides flow as well.
Ran many Nanos that way.
 
Is the tunze an in sump only skimmer? I don't have a sump with this tank.
 
I had the slim skim in a 27g and it worked really well, I loved it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new