Hydra 26 for 15 gallon

Haviland Tuff

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2022
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
San Ramon, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have a Hydra 26 light for my 15 gallon rimless and I am looking for advise on settings. The tank is 16” wide, 16” long, and 14” tall and the light sits about 10” above the tank. I am mostly concerned about the UV setting which is currently at 18%. The tank is still cycling with no stock in yet. I am hoping to house soft corals and LPS for now and possibly SPS in the future.

Thanks!
 
Alot of light for such small tank but go :
Blue 65
White 10
Uv. 20
Red 3
Green 4
Purple 40
 
Alot of light for such small tank but go :
Blue 65
White 10
Uv. 20
Red 3
Green 4
Purple 40
It’s definitely a lot of light for a little tank. The light was bought for a larger tank that we sadly had to take down. Thank you for your input! I will try those setting.
 
Why not just set the color mix/schedule (AB+, Saxby, Pirates, etc, etc) to what you want, then just lower the intensity of the whole thing to meet your PAR needs? I mean, you'd need to buy/borrow/rent a PAR meter but, IMO, everyone should do that when setting up lights anyway.

Unless someone has the same light, same tank and has PAR tested with a meter, nothing that anyone recommends in here will mean crap to your situation. Just saying...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new