Hydra 26 hd is it a boring light?

ComradeCactus

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 3, 2017
Messages
21
Reaction score
3
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I've had my aquarium now for over 2 years, but my corals dont pop in color, like some others' aquarium, so wonder to get more pop feeling. so what should i do? is it the hydra?
Get a new light? or just change settings?

(They are fine, they like it, they grow etc) Just want it more poping in colors.

light.png
 
Hi,
I've had my aquarium now for over 2 years, but my corals dont pop in color, like some others' aquarium, so wonder to get more pop feeling. so what should i do? is it the hydra?
Get a new light? or just change settings?

(They are fine, they like it, they grow etc) Just want it more poping in colors.

light.png

Id up the uv on par with the blues and increase reds and greens to visual appeal.. you could decrease the whites a little more to get more of a pop too
 
I run a modified AB+ and am happy with the pop I get. If anything I need to dial back the intensity just a little some of my frogspawn is slightly bleached but others are not.
83167086-B20D-4066-9BE3-CE9A2434D785.png

8368D90E-FD45-470E-9D3A-704B4D4D36BC.jpeg
48B1F22E-F7AA-4817-AFE6-C63EEDEDB338.jpeg
 
Thanks for the tips, i will try the settings tomorrow and see what I like best
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new