Hydra 52 or Vegas

  • Thread starter Thread starter johnyboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Following as I have 4 Vegas and am interested in others views, which will surely be varied. I love the Vegas by the way, which I realize doesn't answer your question - sorry, no experience with Hydra's to compare.
 
I have a 50 gallon tank, the first year I had a vega on it and had virtually no growth of my corals. I upgraded my vega to a hydra 52, and growth was noticed immediately! I would never recommend a vega to anyone, but I'd highly recommend the hydra. My $0.02..
 
+1
I had the exact same experience as di; little to no growth with Vegas for about 8 months. Upgraded them to Hydras and immediately started seeing results (within a couple of weeks). I wouldn't recommend Vegas to anyone with sps. Hydras are night and day better IMHO.
 
I just realized the hydra 52s are too expensive and I was looking at the regular hydras. So which is better the regular hydras or the Vegas
 
The 52s are technically better, but I only say that because it has more LEDs. I don't have any first hand experience with the regular hydras. Check the classifieds forum. People sell them all the time. Someone is trying to sell 3 right now. Perhaps he will entertain splitting the set up if you don't need 3.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new