Hydra or Vega colo? need help deciding

  • Thread starter Thread starter m88a2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

m88a2

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 16, 2011
Messages
224
Reaction score
44
Location
viginia beach, va
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75g standard sps dominated tank and wanted to switch to LEDs but i cant decide. I would love to purchase the hydra and spend the rest of the money on corals, however, I would only do this if the hydra is capable of growing/keep corals colorful...would the hydra suffice or would I have to dish out the money for vegas? I need help to push me in one direction or the other before the end of tomorrow night (so i can get the discount and spend on corals)
 
The hydra is too new to comment on what coral will look like under them long term. But reading the tech specs I would have no problem putting them over my 90 if I didn't already have my vega's . No matter which light you choose , you will need 2 of them for proper coverage.

Hope that helps a little .
 
I was def gonna get 2 of either units but,I suppose your right about too new to comment...i'll prolly end up just getting 2 hydras
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new