Hydrored's 300 Glass Cages Build

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as a ATO, I will be going back to a Tunze, I am just waiting on the new release of the new Tunze as the 3155 seems to be absent. ;)
What do you know? I have a build upcoming and have been holding off because of items out of stock and the tunze ato is one of said items! Any details appreciated!

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you know? I have a build upcoming and have been holding off because of items out of stock and the tunze ato is one of said items! Any details appreciated!
That's why I assumed their will be a new release, because they are out of stock everywhere, not sure though. Plus, if you look at the photos of the 3155 they seem have a new number. I called BRS and they said they would get a shipment at the beginning of Sept, but you have to take that with a grain of salt.

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's why I assumed their will be a new release, because they are out of stock everywhere, not sure though. Plus, if you look at the photos of the 3155 they seem have a new number. I called BRS and they said they would get a shipment at the beginning of Sept, but you have to take that with a grain of salt.
It still shows 5017 which is what my old one on my 20g says too. I think it’s just a shipment issue. They were out of stock for a month or so before they got any new ones.

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It still shows 5017 which is what my old one on my 20g says too. I think it’s just a shipment issue. They were out of stock for a month or so before they got any new ones.
Ahh, so the 5017 is just a old picture. I talked with BRS and they said they were getting in a shipment, so hopefully, they will get some 3155's in. I need to get away from my ATK...I should have never gave away my 3155.

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh, so the 5017 is just a old picture. I talked with BRS and they said they were getting in a shipment, so hopefully, they will get some 3155's in. I need to get away from my ATK...I should have never gave away my 3155.

Better yet @Vinny@GHLUSA would ever get the new pumps out that he teased us with I’ll be happy to order GHL everything other than the KHD. I need one for AWC and ATO from my garage.

The more I think of it I’ll probably be moving away from apex on this build, what’s holding me up is I want to purchase everything at once and not be stuck in an infinite delay cycle for products

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better yet @Vinny@GHLUSA would ever get the new pumps out that he teased us with I’ll be happy to order GHL everything other than the KHD. I need one for AWC and ATO from my garage.

The more I think of it I’ll probably be moving away from apex on this build, what’s holding me up is I want to purchase everything at once and not be stuck in an infinite delay cycle for products
The epidemic put a lot of things on the back burner for GHL unfortunately. Now that they are back to producing, they are trying to fulfil the IOND orders. Their are a lot of things that were in the the works as I am being told that will be a game changer, though I only know of a few that are on the GHL international site that were put on hold.

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree with @Billldg verses are very nice right now!! Anyway you know I’m along for the ride and to tease!!

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with @Billldg verses are very nice right now!! Anyway you know I’m along for the ride and to tease!!

I can use a Versa for AWC, I need something to do ATO with GHL is my issue from the mixing station in the garage.

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drawing approved this week, the tank is now moving along! Now I just have to finish up with Framingtech as I can't settle if I want to have a fixture for lighting attached to the stand, leaving it like it is now hanging from the ceiling. Stratons are a pain to hang from 8020.

Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 2.06.47 PM.png

Last edited:

Redfoxtang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tank is going to look amazing! What are you going to do with the 200?

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is going to look amazing! What are you going to do with the 200?

Selling it with the sump, UV, all the plumbing

I have a ton of stuff to sell still to help recover some cash for this upgrade

Hopefully get some money for it

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered all of the plumbing along with 2 more Royal Exclusiv return pumps. That way I can build all the plumbing out with the sump to make the tank transfer easy, I will keep my other 2 on the shelf for easy maintenance swaps. I found the company that provides colored scheduled 40 PVC, company is called FOURMUFIT. Prices are much cheaper compared to BRS or HD for colored PVC.

Also ordered 3 slot pipes from Royal Exclusiv, 1 for the skimmer and 2 others for the returns. With my current Bashsea sump, I can not fit them and am always dealing with snails in my pumps.

Operator Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered all of the plumbing along with 2 more Royal Exclusiv return pumps. That way I can build all the plumbing out with the sump to make the tank transfer easy, I will keep my other 2 on the shelf for easy maintenance swaps. I found the company that provides colored scheduled 40 PVC, company is called FOURMUFIT. Prices are much cheaper compared to BRS or HD for colored PVC.

Also ordered 3 slot pipes from Royal Exclusiv, 1 for the skimmer and 2 others for the returns. With my current Bashsea sump, I can not fit them and am always dealing with snails in my pumps.
Is that pipe okay for plumbing? I saw that's it is furniture grade and a lot of places list that as a no-go for even minor, low pressure plumbing.

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that pipe okay for plumbing? I saw that's it is furniture grade and a lot of places list that as a no-go for even minor, low pressure plumbing.

Well, it’s the same pipe sold by others for aquarium use and they confirmed non toxic and can be used for aquatic use. They do not “certify” it for plumbing use.

You can read the Facts page.

I’m pretty sure this is the same stuff BRS sells

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 4 new lights today to try and will compare to the Stratons. They are the GNC Blueray Pros, made by a company in Italy

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back