OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy. I could see dead but live. Wow. Great you figured it out and the tank is cruising again

I don’t want to mention the name but it’s called live and has been questioned as live before. I can put the smallest drop in RO water and add a packet of ULR phosphate and it’s turned the water practically purple, Not sure if a bad batch or it’s the norm.

I got lazy and that’s what I get for adding a product and not testing.

VanDalsenReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t want to mention the name but it’s called live and has been questioned as live before. I can put the smallest drop in RO water and add a packet of ULR phosphate and it’s turned the water practically purple, Not sure if a bad batch or it’s the norm.

Ohhhh. Well once you get through surgery and can get back to "normal" there are a few people on here that actually have live phyto.

VanDalsenReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I know who you're talking about but I don't want to get kicked off of here. Haha

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But what is the weekend driver??????
2021 Porsche 911 Carrera S, all I wanted for a weekend car. More on the performance and aero side than comfort for the build sheet. Really just wanted something fun for when I’m not traveling

Last edited:

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2021 Porsche 911 Carrera S, all I wanted for a weekend car. More on the performance and aero side than comfort for the build sheet. Really just wanted something fun for when I’m not traveling
They are a ton of fun for sure. Miss my Porsche, but long rides sucked.

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are a ton of fun for sure. Miss my Porsche, but long rides sucked.

It’s my first Porsche, I drove a 992 base Carrera and it put a huge smile on my face. I have yet to drive an 992 S, I’m not expecting much difference other than getting to 100 faster lol.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s my first Porsche, I drove a 992 base Carrera and it put a huge smile on my face. I have yet to drive an 992 S, I’m not expecting much difference other than getting to 100 faster lol.
Proper throttle control and just enough over steer is a blast lol. You will enjoy it for sure.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Proper throttle control and just enough over steer is a blast lol. You will enjoy it for sure.
These days, I am not sure how much of the PASM you can shut off, but if you keep it active, you can keep the throttle on pretty well and not worry. Just enough yaw to enjoy life without touching the guardrails.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These days, I am not sure how much of the PASM you can shut off, but if you keep it active, you can keep the throttle on pretty well and not worry. Just enough yaw to enjoy life without touching the guardrails.
I think most new ones still leave "nanny" crap at least partially engaged. For the typical driver, most of that is needed. Porsche having some weight behind the rear tires makes for a fun driving experience if not used to that and those disabled fully, so I get it. The only time I ever fully disengaged mine was at the track. The torque control and ASM killed lap times. Like 5-6 seconds at Road Atlanta. I had a 991 GT2 RS, so most could be disabled or slightly adjusted. Not the adjustment like in the Club Sport, via dials, but some adjustment or all the way off. Could not talk myself into a trailer queen, so did not get the club sport lol.

I do miss that car, but when you can sell a car with 9k miles for what you paid new, cannot really enjoy the car all the time, things have to be let go lol.

I will say that my F80 (2019) with some upgrades is about as much fun, as I can drive it daily if I want and it can make the trip to FL and all of my teeth and vertebrae stay intact after the ride on 75 lol.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been recently put up for adoption just fyi. Fully potty trained.
I would give you a Volvo. Seems to me you would need a tank, not sure why, but just seems that way lol. It would still be fun though.

IMG_4142.jpg

tempImageIBixJ7.png

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As much as I would love a GT3 Touring, I really have a hard time justifying any car over 165k (sticker) especially if it's not a daily driver, I think even if I could afford a GT2 I still wouldn't own one but I can still be happy for those who own them. That GT2 would be awesome to have around @Eagle_Steve !!

Here are the options-

0N5Rear Axle Steering
0P9Sport Exhaust System incl. Tailpipes in Black
0PAPreparation for Deletion of Model Designation
1NUWheels Painted in Satin Platinum
1P7Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC)
2PJHeated Multifunction GT Sport Steering Wheel
46I20"/21" Carrera S Wheels
4D3Seat Ventilation
4F6Comfort Access
6FJExterior Mirror Lower Trim in Exterior Color and Base in High Gloss Black
8ISPorsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)
9VLBose® Surround Sound System
ABV911 Carrera S Logo in High Gloss Black
AULeather Interior in Black
G1F8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
KQ2PORSCHE Logo Painted in High Gloss Black
P3USport Package
- Sport Chrono Package
- PASM Sport Suspension
Q1JAdaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package
QE1Storage Package

I thought it was a pretty well-optioned car for what I was looking for at a price that I was willing to accept.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As much as I would love a GT3 Touring, I really have a hard time justifying any car over 165k (sticker) especially if it's not a daily driver, I think even if I could afford a GT2 I still wouldn't own one but I can still be happy for those who own them. That GT2 would be awesome to have around @Eagle_Steve !!

Here are the options-

0N5Rear Axle Steering
0P9Sport Exhaust System incl. Tailpipes in Black
0PAPreparation for Deletion of Model Designation
1NUWheels Painted in Satin Platinum
1P7Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC)
2PJHeated Multifunction GT Sport Steering Wheel
46I20"/21" Carrera S Wheels
4D3Seat Ventilation
4F6Comfort Access
6FJExterior Mirror Lower Trim in Exterior Color and Base in High Gloss Black
8ISPorsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)
9VLBose® Surround Sound System
ABV911 Carrera S Logo in High Gloss Black
AULeather Interior in Black
G1F8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
KQ2PORSCHE Logo Painted in High Gloss Black
P3USport Package
- Sport Chrono Package
- PASM Sport Suspension
Q1JAdaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) with Memory Package
QE1Storage Package

I thought it was a pretty well-optioned car for what I was looking for at a price that I was willing to accept.
Very nice. As bad as this sounds, you will be in awe of the PDLS+ lol. Very very nice on curvy back roads lol.

One trick. Get a good ceramic based "wax" for the wheels. Satin platinum will attract dust and other gunk very well. A good ceramic wax on there will make cleaning a breeze. With them being multi spoke, it is a pain and time consuming, but well worth it.

I also suggest getting the car ceramic coated with a high quality thick application. It can actually prevent any rock chips if done correctly. Plus makes cleaning the car so much easier.

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice. As bad as this sounds, you will be in awe of the PDLS+ lol. Very very nice on curvy back roads lol.

One trick. Get a good ceramic based "wax" for the wheels. Satin platinum will attract dust and other gunk very well. A good ceramic wax on there will make cleaning a breeze. With them being multi spoke, it is a pain and time consuming, but well worth it.

I also suggest getting the car ceramic coated with a high quality thick application. It can actually prevent any rock chips if done correctly. Plus makes cleaning the car so much easier.

Thank you! I'm a big fan of the ceramic coating, I will have the car coated and the front done in PPF while I'm down.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I'm a big fan of the ceramic coating, I will have the car coated and the front done in PPF while I'm down.
Just do not cheap out on the PPF. There are now ones that take 10-15 years before they even think of turning yellow.

As for ceramic coat, I even had my little commuter Subaru Crosstrek done lol. It sees fire roads and other stuff. Even some tree limbs and still looks like new. Mud washes right off it with just a garden hose and decent nozzle end.

OP
OP
Hydrored

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shane with @SBB Corals took care of me for a tenuis order and I grabbed a chunky Banana Crunch to replace the one I lost from his live sale. I’ll get some photos of the coral and the tank once I’m out of the recliner in another week.

Mastertronic is doing awesome testing all of the nutrients sitting at 5/.11 I’m waiting to see if any fallout from the phosphate spike, I did have a couple small frags brown a bit but definitely recoverable

Question I have is I’m interested in a clam. I have a spot in the middle on the bottom that gets 250 PAR with chaotic flow and really want to keep it off of the rock work. Any recommendations for a clam that will do OK in that PAR? Should I let the tank age more before adding one? I’ve owned 3 clams in the past, Dersa died 2 days later after arrival and the other 2 Maxi’s I sold before the tank swap as they were attached to the rock and we’re getting blasted with light.

I hope everyone is well!

VanDalsenReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shane with @SBB Corals took care of me for a tenuis order and I grabbed a chunky Banana Crunch to replace the one I lost from his live sale. I’ll get some photos of the coral and the tank once I’m out of the recliner in another week.

Mastertronic is doing awesome testing all of the nutrients sitting at 5/.11 I’m waiting to see if any fallout from the phosphate spike, I did have a couple small frags brown a bit but definitely recoverable

Question I have is I’m interested in a clam. I have a spot in the middle on the bottom that gets 250 PAR with chaotic flow and really want to keep it off of the rock work. Any recommendations for a clam that will do OK in that PAR? Should I let the tank age more before adding one? I’ve owned 3 clams in the past, Dersa died 2 days later after arrival and the other 2 Maxi’s I sold before the tank swap as they were attached to the rock and we’re getting blasted with light.

I hope everyone is well!
DeRosa or hippopus I believe would do great. Even a maxima and place a rock under it it can attach to

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 160 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back